Contact-free laser cleaning is a superior alternative to many conventional cleaning technologies in industrial manufacturing and maintenance. Laser cleaning is non-abrasive to the surface, environmentally friendly and works at almost neglectable consumable cost. For industrial cleaning tasks requiring high flexibility or the use of portable systems, we developed the JETLASER series of flexible, handheld laser cleaning systems.
- no damage to substrates
- better product appearance of molded goods
- improved tool life
- less consumables
- less waste
- less operating cost
- removes almost any organic material
- allows to bring the solution to your problem
- Mold cleaning in rubber and injection molding, composite manufacturing and food industry
- Removal of oil and grease
- Oxide / Rust removal in maintenance operations
- Pre-weld and post-weld seam cleaning
- KTL paint removal
- … and many others
The portable systems only require an electric power supply for operation. Operators can be trained within 1 day in our training center in Germany, onsite or remotely.
The cleaning laser beam is emitted from an ergonomically designed handheld end effector that allows CE compliant two-hand usage. The sleek and lightweight design provides for a comfortable operation over hours.
Cleaning parameters are selected within seconds using intuitive sliders on the touch panel interface: operators can choose the laser spot fluence, the overlap of laser pulses and adjust the length of the cleaning line that is projected on the surface. Recipes can be stored with one click
Our system was designed based on our two decades of experience in creating industrial laser systems for some of the most demanding industries worldwide:
- ergonomically designed JETLASER end effector (awarded with the 2018 Good Design Award)
- rugged steel trolley for the laser source, operator interface and controls
- robotic grade flexible fibre cable
- brand name German and US components
- a true CE design according to machinery directive EC2006/42/EG
- VPN remote access for 24/7 online support
- DIY maintenance – no need to pay for onsite service or preventive maintenance
Laser radiation of infrared fibre lasers can cause serious and lasting damage to the human eye – so a handheld laser is not a toy. But simple precautions and our inherent safety design make this a safe solution that meets the requirements of globally active customers and their safety organizations.
JETLASER is a Class 4 laser system, requiring:
- Personal protection (laser safety eyewear)
- Safety curtains to block operating area from unprotected bypassers
- Laser safety officer (1 day training)
JETLASER offers superior laser safety:
- CE marking based on an in-depth risk analysis following Machinery Directive EC2006/42/EG.
- Components with safety performance level D, including Safety PLC instead of custom control board
- Interface for connection of external safety devices (E-Stop, interlock and laser warning light)
The JETLASER tool requires only little maintenance which customers can perform themselves. In case of breakdowns we support by 24/7 VPN remote access or our regional service teams in Europe, Asia and North America.
As the market leader for laser-based machine tools, we regularly spend a double-digit percentage of our turnover on further development. To protect these investments, we maintain a portfolio of international industrial property rights for our systems, processes used and/or products manufactured with our processes. The most important of these intellectual property rights is the following: